It’s amazing how all the wedding preparations can drive a bride crazy, yet they manage to go through it looking fabulous on their big day. So how does a bride like Solenn, whose career and personal life keep her on her feet, manage to plan and prepare for a wedding and still look fresh and relaxed? Here are some tips for you ladies to stay radiant, relaxed, and showing off that beautiful white smile until the big day, like Solenn during her surprise bridal shower.
1. Hair and makeup. Less is more. Try to keep your makeup light for a fresher, more natural look. Just a little brow, liner, blush, contour, and lip color to accentuate your features can really elevate your look. For your hair, don’t hide your pretty face! Try pulling it back into a simple ponytail to show more of that radiantly white smile, and add some curls for a stylish, clean do.
2. Moisturize and wear sunblock everyday. Skin care is key, and we tend to forget how harsh the sun can be to us! Even though you’re not bathing under the sun in a bikini, always make sure you moisturize and apply some SPF–the best way to naturally look radiant is to take extra good care of your skin.
3. Get enough sleep. It’s already a bit difficult to fit in work, the gym, your social life, and other extra curricular activities during your waking hours. And on top of all that, you’ll have to squeeze in planning for your wedding. Days become shorter, and you feel like you don’t have enough time to do everything, hence skipping one of the most important things: sleep. This will lead to eyebags and acne, not to mention, lower quality of work. Nothing beats a full eight hours of sleep, so to all you brides out there, make sure you get enough rest in the months leading up to your special day!
4. Eat healthy. Sorry girls, but the junk food and sweets really have to take a step back. I know we all turn to eating and drinking (especially when we’re stressed!) but it’s best to lessen or maintain your weight, especially after your final dress fitting, to make sure you look perfect in your dream wedding gown!
5. Show off that radiant bright smile! With all the meetings and get-togethers, you’d want to take extra care of yourself to make sure you’re looking fresh. More than stylish clothes, a smile is actually the prettiest thing you can wear! With Colgate Optic White Plus Shine, you can achieve that perfect bright smile in just seven days. When the big day comes, you’ll be ready for the thousands of photos you’ll be having! No matter how stressful wedding planning can get, just remember that you’re marrying the love of your life, and that alone should make you smile all your problems away!
6. Exercise. Whether it’s in the gym, on the court, or on the field, get yourself into an active lifestyle. Much work is needed in the kitchen to get the desired physique for your wedding day, but this needs to be coupled with some exercise for a more toned, fit look.
We hope you enjoyed these simple tips on how you can keep looking your best while preparing for your big day! Happy wedding planning, loves!
P.S. – In case you missed it, you can see the photos and video from Solenn’s Surprise Bridal Shower here!