This is officially the first wedding I will feature this year. And because I wanted to start with something memorable, I decided to write about Angelo and Rin’s wedding full of D.I.Y. details (yes, a lot of it was done by the couple and their friends!) and super cute elements. This a bit of rock, a bit of whimsy and I guess a whole lot of good ol’ hipster romance.
We’ve been getting a lot of submissions and we’re definitely looking forward to more. You must know that here at B&B, we love DETAILS! Remember to stay clear of over-styling and cliché themes, and instead add small and adorable elements that will enhance whatever theme you choose.
Here are some things that made me go bonkers over Angelo and Rin’s big day:
- The super cute entourage dresses by Mich Dulce. It’s like I’m in wonderland.
- The unique boutonniere and that oh-so-brilliant cassette tape belt buckle.
- A musician’s theme because basically these two are musicians–notice all the small details that support it–shoes, rings, cake topper, and his and her’s guitars.
- Old typewriters used as decor, as well as for having guests type their wedding well wishes. (That’s pretty fun!)
- A real cotton candy stand and cotton candy bouquets!!!
Photography: Cherryblocks / Video: Derek Yee / Venue: UP Diliman Bonsai Garden / Gown and Entourage: Mich Dulce / Boutonniere: Tine Salvador / Cake Topper: Kaiser Padilla of Bread Depot / Florist: Toby Mijares