Michael and Cronica’s wedding is proof that the couple that knows what they want will get exactly that. In this case, what they both wanted was something simple and easy for their guests, hence the choice of one venue for preparations, ceremony, and reception. Bride Cronica also knew she wanted to keep costs down, which led her to making a bold decision: purchasing her wedding gown on Lazada! For most, this would be too high a risk, but Cronica took the leap and had her dream dress in her arms a full six months before the big day–not a single fitting required! As you’ll see in these photos captured by Civeographer, the wedding day unfolded beautifully with marsala and gold accents adding depth and liveliness all at once. Cronica’s personality shows through just as much as Michael’s happiness does, making this wedding a joy to see.
As a treat for all of you, we got in touch with Cronica and asked her a few questions about buying her gown online!
How did you choose the online vendor?
“Taobao has a huge collection of ready-made wedding dresses. They have wedding gowns that fit in all shapes and sizes. They include images of the wedding dress in different angles and got honest reviews from other brides.”
Can you share the price ranges of the gowns you saw online?
“A mermaid-cut wedding dress ranges from Php2,000 to Php3,000. A quality ball gown dress ranges from Php4,000 (floor-length) to Php8,000 (with tailing). It’s cheaper than made-to-order dresses in Divisoria that costs from Php10,000 to Php25,000.”
What was the timeline from when you ordered until you received it?
“When my now-husband, Majo, proposed to me in August. I got excited by the thought of walking down the aisle dressed in a beautiful white gown. I started to search early for a wedding gown in Lazada feeling positive and lucky to get a steal. As a practical bride on a budget, I don’t want to splurge a lot of money for a gown that will be used for one-time and just a few hours. I’d rather put the money for our new beginnings and honeymoon funds. I meticulously check each and every wedding dresses everyday until I came up with 3 best dresses (for prenup, ceremony and reception) ready for check out.”
“I waited and ordered it during Lazada’s 11/11 Online Revolution Super Sale. They give out additional discounts and Free Shipping! Shipping usually takes 10-15 days for overseas items. I got the gown on 21st of November. It is ready to wear on our wedding day on June 8 the following year.”
Can you share any tips for brides who are considering to order a gown online?
“1) Start browsing! Online shopping platforms give you a wide range of wedding dresses to choose from. Be open and flexible. Imagine yourself wearing that dress. You will know if it’s “The One”.
2) Order the dress early. This will give you time to accessorize or alter the dress later if needed.
3) Don’t be shy to go and try some dresses in bridal shops. It will give you an idea of the fabric, color, size and style that fits you.
4) Note the type and color of the fabric. You may go to your nearest fabric stores to feel the type and see the color of the fabric as stated in the description.
5) Get your body measurement accurately. You may seek help with your trusty mananahi with this. Just check the size chart for the correct dress size. It is better to buy a slightly bigger size. If you are skeptical about the size to buy, consider a corset type that will fit your body. This style will keep your mind at peace even if you lose or gain weight before your special day.
6) Check the reviews. Some brides post a picture and a review of the dress on the site. Youtube vloggers post videos of wedding dresses they purchased online, you can check them out so you will have an idea how these dresses looks and feels like. This has helped me a lot in choosing the dress and stay away from the the bad ones.
7) Research the dress. Believe it or not, most online shopping platforms sell the same dresses. Just check which one is cheaper. You may also get useful reviews coming from other brides all over the world.
8) Check the return policy. Don’t fear the reality vs expectation pictures from the internet. You may return and get a refund if it is not as advertised. If the dress is not as advertised or it doesn’t fit you, Lazada offers easy returns within a period of time.
9) Keep an eye for their Annual Super Sale! They give out additional discounts on top of their current price, early bird discounts and free shipping!
10) Remember: It is OK not to splurge a lot on your wedding dress. It doesn’t really matter how much your wedding dress may cost or who made the dress because what matters is that both of you are ready to commit and love each other for the rest of your lives.”
Photographer and Videographer: Civeographer / Ceremony and Reception Venue: Escala Tagaytay / Bride’s Dress and Shoes: Lazada / Groom’s Attire: Onesimus / Stylist: Carlo Event Stylist / Bouquets: Flowers For Ever After By Posh Event Stylist