With such a beautiful color combination of grey, cream, gold, and a slight touch of blue, Kelly and Jansen’s wedding is simply making us sigh in awe. We totally love how this classy and crisp wedding puts the sparkle in our eyes! Swoon! Once again, MangoRed has performed their magic to capture this elegant affair. So sit back, relax, and take a look for yourselves… Enjoy!
If I were you, I’d drop everything and focus on this wedding in front of the screen right now. It was infused with the most delicate charm and hints of traditional Filipino elements (that capiz-inspired wedding cake by The Delightful Miss Joyce is a work of art, by the way!). I quickly fell in love with every little detail of the affair! Not to mention that Oscar de la Renta wedding dress, which really needs no explanation… Dado and Liane’s celebration of love is truly one wedding we will cherish from beginning to end. MangoRed certainly captured this wedding in its full beauty! So be sure to check the full gallery right here and enjoy this total feast to the eyes!
While we’re all busy pinning our dream wedding gowns to our secret Pinterest board, let’s get real here for a second. Grooms need to look as gorgeous during the big day–it’s their wedding too! So today, we’re breaking down some of the looks your groom can don come the wedding day. Whether your groom is the classic or the creative type, we’ve got some style tips for each! Check ’em out below!
This style has got the three D’s down to a tee–dapper, debonair, and definitely dashing! If your wedding is leaning towards classic romantic, then this suit/tuxedo and tie/bow tie combo is the way to go!
TIP: We cannot stress this enough–tailor the fit to perfection. It doesn’t matter how expensive the suit is, if the fit isn’t right, then you’re in trouble. Remember, taper, taper, taper! Believe us, it makes all the difference!
There will always be wedding traditions. But don’t fret, ladies! Although there are “rules” that are great to follow, there are actually some that can be broken! Often, as brides, we tend to be scared to break away from the norm or the usual “beliefs” that are imposed to us by family, friends, or society in general. Here at Bride and Breakfast, we’re out to tell you that it’s ok to take the road less traveled… so we’ve come up with a list of ten Bridal Myths that we’ll gladly bust for you!
Myth #1: Beadless and sequin-less gowns are just not formal enough!
At some point in time, it became the usual practice to put some sort of beadwork for bridesmaid dresses. Today, this tradition is still common, but is not a hard and fast rule. The fear of most is that the gowns will look informal and inelegant. This is actually far from the truth. Beadless gowns look young, fresh, and effortless. If you want to glam it up a bit, make your brides wear fun accessories such as statement earrings, necklaces, or bracelets. Or even using stylish minaudieres can complete the look.
Or try checking out our article about gorgeous looks perfect for your bridesmaids!
Myth #2: I need to wear “Bridal Shoes”.
This day and age is probably the most fun time to be a bride, since it’s actually quite acceptable for you to wear any fashionable shoe that is pretty and fits your personality. You don’t necessarily have to wear white, cream, or nude–a variety of colors (and styles) work well with wedding gowns. Another tip I would give is to choose a shoe that you can wear after the wedding–it’s way more cost-efficient that way.
Myth #3: Beautiful gown = “beautiful” wedding.
Couples need to start approaching wedding style with an overall cohesive approach. Sometimes brides get focused on just having a beautiful gown and think that it’s the end-all-be-all of the wedding look. The key here is balance and coherence. If your gown is too grand and everything else in the wedding is bare and simple, then there is a disconnect with the overall look. Another thing to consider is matching your gown style to your wedding theme. For example, a modern dress goes with a modern theme, but a vintage gown won’t. So if you want a laid back vibe for your decor, then you can also pick out a gown design that also reflects that easy and laid back vibe.
For all you recently engaged gals, or even just future brides-to-be (it’s never too early to start planning, right?), we have a little treat for you today!
We all know planning a wedding can be all kinds of stressful. So we asked some of our previous celebrity B&B brides on what their best wedding tips are for brides-to-be out there and here’s a rundown of those!
- My brother gave me the best advice before planning: “Don’t stress yourselves about ‘magtatampo si ganito o si ganyan’ It is your wedding, whatever you two want, that is what you do. BEST ADVICE EVER.
[Photo: Pat Dy]
- After all the planning and hard work, remember that it’s not about the wedding but the marriage. Yes, we want everything to be all pretty and perfect but come the big day, sit back, relax and enjoy the beginning of forever.
- As fun as it is to do D.I.Y. or a self-planned wedding, best to always hire help–unless your guest list is like 100 below. You don’t want to keep thinking about the details as you walk down the aisle. Even just an on-the-day planner would help.
- Make a timeline. You’ll be surprised how one year of planning for me flew by so fast. Better to get things done early
- On your wedding day, put your worries and stress aside and enjoy and cherish every single moment. Not everything will be perfect but remember this day is about you and marrying the love of your life.
- Also, try not to drink alcohol until the end of the program.
- Make sure you order room service or eat before the ceremony starts because chances are you won’t be able to eat at the reception because of excitement, anxiousness, and even because of program duties. I remember we had such an amazing buffet at our wedding but I never really got to enjoy it!
- Make sure that the friend/s you choose as your maid of honor and bridesmaids are on top of everything you need. That way if there’s a problem or something that needs to be fixed you won’t have to worry about it. Fantastic bridesmaids and a kick-ass maid of honour will never let their bride stress out! Haha!
- Make sure you involve your husband in the decision making, after all it is not just YOUR wedding day but also your husband’s too. Take it as a kind of mini practice session for when you actually are married, so you have nice a blend of both you and him! My husband was super hands on when we were planning our wedding, which made the planning a more stress-free one for me. Teamwork is everything!
- Book your suppliers early because what a lot brides don’t know is that the good ones are always already taken and are booked six months to two years in advance.
[Photo: Louie Arcilla Photography]