Here at Bride and Breakfast, we don’t just give the ladies tips on wedding fashion–we also want to help your grooms out! Wearing shoes that actually match his suit is essential to your groom’s overall look. Besides factoring in comfort, men’s formal shoes come in different kinds and colors, and we’re here to educate you! We took a trip to Signet in BGC and asked help from their in-house experts on men’s shoes. After all, what bride doesn’t want her groom to look sharp on their wedding day? (Gentlemen, take note!)
Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel below for access to more wedding-related tips and fashion!
Looking for more tips? Read on below!
- For a black tie event, the patent leather slippers and cap toe oxfords are your most popular bets.
- For formal events, wear your double monkstraps and split toe derbys with a navy, gray, or dark beige suit.
- The safest choice is to wear dress socks in the same color as your trousers, but you can also opt for complementary colors to make it more interesting (e.g. navy with dark green socks, gray with burgundy socks, etc.).
- Looking for a more casual option? Go for brogues. Shades of brown look classic, but oxblood is also a good option.
- Linen slippers give you a relaxed yet elegant feel, plus the material provides good ventilation–perfect for beach or garden weddings! Some good alternatives: tassel loafers, penny loafers, and driving loafers.
We hope we helped you guys with this cool little guide! Now your man can be sure that his outfit will look sharp on your wedding day!